About Showtown's Visitor App
The Visitor App will have two purposes:
1. Provide better access to the museum displays for people with visual impairments.
2. Provide further content for our visitors to explore, before, during and after their visit to Showtown.
The Showtown team are working with Llama Digital to develop the framework of the app and have mapped the museum content ready for development. The next step is to prepare and create the content ready for uploading onto the app.
App Producer: Scope of works
1. To research content to be used by Llama Digital in the creation of interactives and animations.
2. To gather and transfer the assets to Llama Digital based on the mapping by Showtown. This may include sourcing the images from the collections. This part will involve liaising with the Curatorial and Collections team to source and edit heritage images for use on the App.
3. To script write - The App will use the graphic script already created for the museum displays but in order for the app to flow for a user there are gaps in the script which need writing in accordance with our style guide. These parts of the script ensure continuity and provide broader context of an object.
4. To coordinate the recording of two voiceovers. The first specialising in audio describing the museum and its displays for our visually impaired visitors and the the second one as an entertaining guide for the app.
5. To be involved in the testing and launch of the app.
Follow the download link below to read the full brief and details of how to apply.
Closing date: midnight, 8 December 2023
Interview date: 12/14 December 2023
Contract Dates: 1 January 2024 – April 2024